Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Senior Associate Director, Annual Fund, works collaboratively with the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving team to provide educational, philanthropic and engagement opportunities for alumni, parents and friends.
Originally posted on: 10/03/12
This position’s primary responsibility is to help manage all aspects of the office including direct mail production, email communications, database coding and reports, student workers, leadership volunteer efforts, inventory oversight, travel planning and other projects as needed.
- With the Project Coordinator, manage day-to-day office needs, such as scheduling meetings, maintaining office supplies, serving as a point of contact for phone calls from alumni, parents, and friends, etc.
Assist with coordination and oversight of class and other email communications including:
- Confirming details for mailing,
- Designing and implementing timelines for communications,
- Creating a unique URL within the online giving platform for tracking purposes,
- Recording solicitation details in the database.
- Assist with coordination of direct mail appeals for in-house projects, including class letters, leadership donor mailings, etc.
- Recruit and supervise student workers. Manage student projects as submitted by members of ARAG, including student thank you notes, data entry, mailing preparation, etc.
- Maintain the ARAG events and communications calendar.
- Oversee the anniversary card and birthday card program.
- Assist with the recurring gifts program.
- Assist with coordination of materials for annual International Council meeting.
- Assist with ARAG stewardship program.
- Extract and organize data for reporting purposes for individuals, volunteers, and presentations, etc.
- Coordinate all AAEC, AFEC, PLC, and YAAG functions. Schedule meeting rooms, housing, meals, transportation, etc.
- Produce and update volunteer training manuals for both reunion and class volunteers.
- Provide administrative support for six members of the ARAG office.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. 1-3 years in an office environment.
- Extensive computer skills and preferred knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007, Google Apps, Mail Chimp (or similar email system) and Raiser’s Edge.
- Preferred interest in fundraising.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task efficiently.
- Occasional night and weekend work, including but not limited to Alumni Weekend, Friends and Family Weekend, and Volunteer Leadership Weekend.
Please send resume and cover letter to Craig Waltman, Senior Associate Director for Annual Fund, Haverford College, 370 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA. 19041, or email to email@example.com.