Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
In keeping with Haverford College's long-standing policy of non-discrimination, the Board of Managers of Haverford College has established a program of affirmative action. The goal of this program is to attract and retain staff of high quality and diverse backgrounds and to do so without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. In accordance with the Affirmative Action Policy, the College recruits persons in these protected categories as candidates for positions that become available at Haverford. The results of the hiring process are reviewed regularly by the Affirmative Action Officer to make certain these goals are being met.
Job Openings: PeopleSoft Application Lead
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the PeopleSoft Application Lead will provide administrative system and service support to members of the Haverford College Community. The PeopleSoft Application Lead will work with a team of programmers and respond to user requests, regarding the use of and issues with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
Originally posted on: 09/10/12
The incumbent will work collaboratively with counterparts from Bryn Mawr College, in support of the SEADS initiative. Identify system discrepancies, research problems and develop solutions; Work with IT and Client staff to prepare functional and technical specifications for interfaces, conversions, and enhancements to Peoplesoft Campus Solutions both for Haverford’s initial PeopleSoft implementation, and thereafter; Conduct application testing; Develop queries and reports; Provide customer support to the Community; Work on SEADS-related projects and PeopleSoft customizations as necessary. The PeopleSoft Application Lead may also participate in or provide leadership for regularly scheduled or limited scope projects as assigned.
· Develop PeopleSoft objects in support of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation
· Provide daily software support to users of PeopleSoft Campus solutions and related software
· Work with users to define data usage and reporting needs
· Create specification documenting enhancement or reporting requests
· Analyze service requests related to PeopleSoft
· Create reports and programs using SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, Crystal Reports and PeopleSoft development tools.
· Provide support to functional users and data specialists in creating and debugging their PeopleSoft queries.
· Identify and create resources (tables, documentation, programs) to increase productivity of end users.
· Maintain and use an expert knowledge and technical understanding of the systems, services and products provided and supported by IITS.
· Research, plan and specify technical solutions to newly identified client business needs, as assigned.
· Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in technology.
· Create documentation on internal procedures and document various department activities as assigned.
· Assist in the organization and coordination of events that further the technical understanding around best practices in higher education computing for colleagues and clients.
· Participate in professional development activities.
· Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
· Three to Five years of related professional experience and an earned Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or a related degree, or equivalent additional professional experience in the activities listed under Section III A. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of the tools and techniques for this position are also recognized.
· Technical proficiency in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Proficiency with SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, Crystal Reports and PeopleSoft development tools.
· Experience with PeopleSoft development tools. Ability to perform analysis and programming tasks both individually and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated expert working knowledge of the software, hardware and systems currently supported or provided by IITS.
· Demonstrated excellent organizational, client contact, reading, writing and spoken English skills
· Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the academic, cultural and social diversity in the Haverford Community.
· Experience in a higher education setting.
· Experience working with a diverse staff, faculty and student base.
· Experience in compliance with applicable laws, best practices and policy principles related to FERPA, Fair Use and intellectual property.
· Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Development Tools.
· Formal project management training and/or experience.
Please send resume, letter, 3 references and salary requirements to Marian Carroll, Assistant to the CIO, at email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.