The Skate House, ca. 1955 Photo by Professor of Engineering Theodore Hetzel, ca. 1955. Courtesy of the College Archives.

Then & Now: The Skate House

Then & Now: The Skate House

The Skate House, designed in 1949, is outfitted with a porch, two fireplaces and a sitting room with benches. It regularly played host to crowds of skaters back in the days when the Duck Pond could be counted on to freeze solid in winter.

Come back tomorrow to see the Skate House “Now”.