Planning Ahead for Medical School
Successful Haverford applicants to medical school share certain characteristics. These include:
- Strong intellectual curiosity and engagement in course work, along with solid relationships built with faculty
- Academic success in required premedical courses: our most successful applicants achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or above in the sciences
- Dedication and leadership outside the classroom in such areas as sports, music, theater, research, etc.
- Demonstrated orientation to serving others through community service or other activities
- Exposure to clinical settings and volunteer work in hospitals, shadowing physicians, etc