Health Services: National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
Between 10:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, October 26 you can bring your unwanted prescription drugs or over-the-counter medicines to a collection site near you.
Properly disposing of medicines is important to human health and the environment. Here are a few tips from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:
- Don't flush medicines down the toilet or pour them down the drain.
- Doing so could affect drinking water sources.
- Don't throw medicines directly in the trash.
- Doing so could lead to the poisoning of a child or pet, or drug abuse by a teen or adult.
- Do find out how to properly dispose of medicines (PDF).