Services: Travel Health
Tip: If you take prescription medication, you will want to take an adequate supply for your trip, as well as a letter from your health care provider describing the reasons you take the drug, the proper dosage, etc.
If you are planning to spend time abroad you may need vaccinations, a physical exam, and/or HIV testing before departure. Health Services offers a variety of immunizations and testing.
Travel Health services are by appointment only during the following hours: Monday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please call Health Services at 610-896-1089 to make an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner. Specify what country you intend to visit when making the appointment.
The Travel Health Form should be printed, filled out, and brought to your appointment.
For travel needs and information when school is not in session you can contact:
Penn Travel Medicine
250 King of Prussia RD.
Jefferson travel Medicine Service
833 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 215-923-6225
- The Centers for Disease Control has a helpful website to determine the current travel health conditions in the country you wish to visit and the required immunizations, if any.
- Find a Yellow Fever Vaccination clinic in the area.
- The US Department of State has a list of countries requiring HIV testing.
- The World Health Organization provides information on health risks for travellers.
- The Study Abroad Pre-Departure Handbook has lots of information about Travel Health and is a great resource for those planning a trip.