Health Services: Resources
Place your mouse over organization names for descriptions. Indicates 24 Hour Hotline.
- CHOICE 215-985-3300
- The National AIDS Hotline 1-800-342-AIDS
- CDC National STD Hotline 1-800-227-8922
- Southeastern PA InterGroup Association of Alcoholics Anonymous 215-923-7900
- National Institute of Drug Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-HELP
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- Parents Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays 215-572-1833
- National Eating Disorders Association 1-800-931-2237
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape 1-888-772-7227
- Women Organized Against Rape 215-985-3333
- Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222
Haverford College Health Services aims to provide a variety of services for our students. We also work in tandem with other offices on campus to expand the range of resources available for students' health and wellbeing.
Haverford College is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. Your well-being is the number one priority.
The Women's Center seeks to provide a network of support, resources, and information to the Haverford community by organizing events geared toward a better understanding of issues of gender and sexuality, sexual practices and well-being, as well as women's rights.
Finding someone with whom it feels comfortable to talk is important. CAPS is staffed by four part-time psychologists, a counselor, a consulting psychiatrist, and a number of advanced-level interns from all walks of life.
NovaCare Rehabilitation has partnered with Haverford College to provide on-campus physical therapy services to the entire Haverford Community. All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to take advantage of this convenience.
Through our policies and procedures for students with disabilities, we seek to provide them equal access to the resources of the college. We seek to foster the achievement of the skills and knowledge that are central to an education in a residential liberal arts college.