Health Services: Insurance
All students are required to have personal medical insurance.
Fall Deadline: July 21
All HC international visa carrying students are automatically enrolled in the student insurance plan. The direct cost of the insurance plan is applied to the tuition bill. The HC plan meets all federal requirements of health insurers. In addition, the HC plan has preferred payor status with the College Health Services. The staff of UnitedHealthcare as administered by First RISK Advisor can help you with any questions regarding the HC Student Insurance Plan.
- Active students must document proof of active medical insurance either by providing proof of insurance with the waiver or enrolling in the student plan. Failure to do so by deadline will result in a $40.00 fee.
- Students must have completed their health insurance requirement online (either enrolled or waived insurance) before they will be permitted to pick up their room key, have OneCard access, or go through Non-Academic Registration.
- You can view a list of insurance plans accepted by Health Services. The College provides an optional student insurance plan at a reasonable rate, if your personal plan is not effective in this area.
- FirstRisk will administer the 2015-2016 Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Healthcare.gov offers information for college students and about the health insurance Marketplace.