Haverford College is actively engaged in efforts to conserve and manage water on both systems-wide and local levels.
Below are some of Haverford's water saving initiatives and storm water mitigation projects.
- All shower heads and faucets have been switched to low flow.
- Most toilets on campus use 1.6 gallons per flush.
Haverford College also has implemented several projects to help mitigate storm water:
- Stokes Hall Green Roof- 5,700 square foot extensive green roof on academic building.
- Meadows-Haverford has recently converted seven acres of mown turf into meadow.
- Haverford's main parking lot consists of 170 porous paving parking spots.
- Stone Swales to catch and slow down storm water.