The Greening Haverford Fund
About The Fund
Earth Day 2011
The Greening Haverford Fund was formed in 2012 as a carbon-offset initiative by the Committee on Environmental Responsibility (CER) in partnership with the Center for Peace and Global Citizenship (CPGC). In accordance with its mission to “integrate innovative scholarship and responsible civic engagement around contemporary issues of global significance,” the CPGC aims to offset their sponsored internship airline travel in the form of environmental betterment. Stewarded by the CER, the fund is designed to assist students and faculty in raising environmental awareness and enhancing environmental practices at Haverford College. The scope of the Fund is broad, and includes (but is not limited to) the financing of:
- Student-run projects on campus
- Other on-campus events, such as speakers or performers
- Support for students to attend local conferences, workshops, and events
To be considered for the Greening Haverford Fund, please submit the following:
A written proposal describing your concept for using the Fund. This proposal should not be more than 500 words in length. Be sure to include information pertaining to:
- Previous relevant knowledge and experiences, if any.
- How your usage of the Fund will benefit both Haverford College and the community at large.
- A budget proposal that clearly details how the grant will be used. Please be advised that grants generally do not exceed $500. Be sure to note information regarding additional sources of funding.
Submission and Deadlines: Applications should be sent to Claudia Kent (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Decisions will be made within 2-4 weeks following the application submission.
Note: As part of CER’s stewardship of the Greening Haverford Fund, grantees are expected to provide a written reflection statement on their funded experience. This statement may be made publicly available and should contain photographs of the experience.
For more information, please contact Claudia Kent, clerk of the Committee for Environmental Responsibility at email@example.com.