- Admission – Volunteers make welcome calls to parents of students who have been accepted to Haverford to welcome the new parents and answer questions related to the parent experience. Each volunteer is sent a list of 5-7 names with information on the student (location, phone number, high school, etc.) and an introductory script with current information about the College. The time commitment is only a few hours - or for however long you like to talk!
- Career Development – Parents are a great source of information about careers. Volunteers are needed to host students for shadowing experiences, internships and externships, and permanent job opportunities. Also parents can become part of our Career Advisory Partnership program and share information and advice with students on an ongoing basis.
- Family & Friends Weekend - Volunteers are asked to host the registration desk and events during the weekend to make other parents feel welcome and to get to know each other. Depending on your availability, the time commitment is only about an hour.
- Events – The College is always looking for parents to open their homes, offices, or other venues to host events for parents, including "yield" and "Welcome Frosh" parties. Hosts welcome, inform, and mingle for the Haverford community. Yield parties are held in April while Frosh parties are held June-August. Other parent events are held throughout the year. An afternoon or evening is all it takes!
- Founders Green – This newsletter was created to serve the needs and interests of parents and families of Haverford students. We appreciate ideas for articles, suggestions on topics to cover, and tips to share with other parents. And – writers are always welcome!
- Parents' Fund – Volunteers write letters and make phone calls to encourage fellow parents to support the Parents' Fund and to thank Parents' Fund donors.
For more information about any of these opportunities or to volunteer, please email email@example.com or call Morgan Kreider-Lane at 610-896-2959.