Professor of Economics
University Diploma, Novosibirsk University
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
Here I post the papers that have remained unpublished, as well as the drafts of the papers on which I am currently working.
- “Why Soviet Conversion Program Doesn’t Make Sense” (with Boris Rumer), presented at the Allied Social Sciences meeting, New Orleans, LA, January 1992.
- "The Importance of Not Being a Great Power", February 1994.
- "New Business Creation and Russian Economic Recovery", presented at the ACES Meeting, Chicago, Jan. 1998.
- “The Russian Far East and the Social Sciences”, presented at the 34th National Convention of the AAASS, Pittsburgh, Nov. 24, 2002.
SOVIET ECONOMY, SOVIETOLOGY, AND COLLAPSE
- “What Do Bosses in Command Economies Do”, presented at the II SSRC Summer Workshop on Soviet and East European Economics, Urbana, IL, July 1986.
- “Economists and the Collapse”, 1996
- "Economic System and the Valuation of National Income", 1998.
- "Economists, Soviet economic reforms, and the collapse", 2001.
- Western Books on Particular Sectors of the Soviet Economy, 1948-1992
- "Soviet Secrecy and the Study of the Military Sector", presented at the AAASS meeting in Nov. 2009 in Boston