Kuali Financial System (eKuality)
The Haverford eKuality project is the College's long sought effort to replace our 30-year old legacy financial system (part of our Admin system) with a state-of-the-art open source higher education financial management enterprise system.
eKuality is based on the Kuali Financial System, which is an open source enterprise system developed by the Kuali Foundation. It is rapidly expanding to Higher Education Institutions around the world.
The Business Office and Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) are leading the effort to understand the College's financial system requirements, design the new system to meet those requirements and configure the software to match our desired design. The project kicked-off in October 2011 and is currently on track for a July 2012 go-live. Download the Power Point Presentation Many in the Haverford community have already been involved and offered help and suggestions. Many others will be involved in June and July when training on the new system is rolled out.
The new system is expected to meet all of the College's operational, accounting and reporting needs as it relates to the finances of the College. The College will initially be implementing three modules–General Ledger, Contracts and Grants, and Purchasing and Accounts Payable. In early FY13, we will also implement the Budget Construction module.
As part of the project, the College has designed and will use a new, more effective Chart of Accounts. The new chart as well as a mapping between the old account numbers and new account numbers can be found by reviewing the files here.
Fill In Forms:
- New: Searching for Payments
- How to Get Things Done in KFS
- (KFS) Chart of Accounts Training
- KFS to ADMIN Reference Sheet Learn the structure of the new KFS Chart of Accounts
- Search for KFS Accounts using the ADMIN System Department Code
- Search for KFS Income and Expense Object Codes using the ADMIN System Account
- Search for KFS Asset and Liability Object Codes using the ADMIN System Account
- Object Codes Ranges
- Object Codes Detail
- Funds and Subfunds
- Higher Education Function
- Account Types
- KFS Accounts by Fiscal Officer Search for your Accounts
- KFS Organizational Structure