Guide for Applicants
Online Program Track
Cost of Applying to Dental School
Financing a Dental Education
Cost of Applying to Medical School
Information provided by the AAMC.
- Tomorrows Doctors
- Financing Professional School Education
- FIRST for Medical Education
- A Brief Guide to Osteopathic Medicine, for Students, By Students
- AAMC: The Road to Becoming a Doctor
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
- National Health Services Corp.
- Private schools and Public Schools that accept at lesat 25% of their students from out-of-state (Table 1: Allopathic; Table 2: State Allopathic Schools; Table 3: Osteopathic Schools)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Loan Repayment Programs (1-800-528-7689)
- State & other Loan Repayment/Forgiveness and Scholarship Programs
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Marian J. Wettrick Charitable Foundation offers grants to qualified female students graduating from a Pennsylvania college or university and who have gained admission and will attend a PA medical school. For information contact Eileen S. Ballway, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-274-1927
- Be sure that your credit rating is good, so that you will have no problems obtaining a loan. If you have
credit card or consumer debt, be sure to pay it off regularly and keep it low. You can request a copy of your
personal credit report for a small fee from:
Trans Union- www.transunion.com (800-916-8800)
Equifax www.equifax.com (800-685-1111)
Experian www.experian.com (888-397-3742)
Timeline for Application
An eighteen-month timeline clarifying the application cycle and deadlines for applicants to medical, dental, and osteopathic schools.
MCAT Test-Taking Guide
Information on preparing for, registering for, and taking the MCAT.
Statistics on Medical and Dental School testing and GPA ranges.
If you are planning on applying to public health programs, or to a program to train for such professions as occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, clinical psychology, etc., you will, most likely, have to take the GRE. Please check out various e-book versions of that (and other tests) on Tripod.