Start-up Grants for Diversity and Cultural Transformation: Programs Funds Request Process
Deadlines for program funding requests: Fall 2013: September 24 and October 22 and Spring 2014: February 25 and March 29.
- Make an appointment to meet with Theresa Tensuan or OMA Student Intern Melissa Reyes to discuss your ideas as you prepare your application. The OMA staff can help you to coordinate your plans with other groups, centers, and programs that may be interested in your idea, to work through logistics, to anticipate challenges, etc.
- Make sure to detail how your proposed event/project ties into the OMA mission and values. Do so in the “goal of the event” section.
- Check the box in the application agreeing to submit a reflection letter of 450 words, or more, answering all three questions: (1) what was most productive during the event; (2) What challenges did you face before, during and after the event; (3) Will you have a similar, follow-up event in the future. It should be sent as a doc. firstname.lastname@example.org. The reflection letter is due 7 days after the event. Failure to do so will prevent you from requesting for future funding from the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- Submit your completed funding request by 5:00pm on the day of the deadline.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a committee composed of OMA interns and staff. Decisions will be announced one week after submission. In case of emergency funding, notify email@example.com; it will be considered on a case-by-case basis.