Customs is Haverford College's First-Year Experience program, which includes a five-day orientation immediately preceding the fall semester.
Customs is about community, not conformity. Customs Week provides everyone the space to settle in and begin the college-experience by engaging each other in fun and interactive ways that promote healthy community.
Customs also helps first-year students figure out what they want to do and how they can get there. What's more, Customs is a time to learn from and about each others differences, backgrounds, and experiences.
- August 17–27, 2014
- Students who participate on select fall sports teams will need to arrive earlier than August 27. Exact move-in dates will be provided by your respective coaches.
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Students who are participating in the Multicultural Leadership Institute will arrive.
- Sunday, August 24, 2014
- Students who are participating in International Student Orientation will arrive.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014
- Move-in for first-year students.
Customs Week Schedule
You'll get to know your Customs group; meet with your academic advisor; attend talks that will orient you to the services and resources offered on-campus; become familiar with the system of student self-governance and the academic and social honor code, and more!