Haverford House provides a venue for members of the Haverford College community to explore global citizenship in our own region and to strengthen connections between the College and the City of Philadelphia.
Each spring, six graduating seniors committed to social justice and volunteer action are selected for one-year fellowships with non-profit host organizations. They serve as liaisons between Haverford and Philadelphia communities and as mentors to current Haverford students. The fellows live together cooperatively and actively participate in their neighborhood of West Philadelphia.
Non-profit organizational hosts and Haverford’s Center for Peace and Global Citizenship contribute funding toward a small stipend, health insurance, housing, transit passes, and professional development for each fellow.
- Marla Dominguez '14 - Philadelphia Futures
- Ian Gavigan '14 - Education Law
- Alexandra Wolkoff '14 - Hacia El Futuro
- Hiba Dhanani '14 - Project H.O.P.E.
- Max Reinhardt '14 - Community Legal Services
- Caya Simonsen '14 - Philadelphia Legal Assistance
Community Legal Services - Center City and North Philadelphia (5 placement opportunities)
Paralegal; Development Fellows:
Employment: Molly Minden '12
Employment: Emily Bock '12
Employment: Michael Riccio '13
Housing: Caila Heyison '11
Housing: Bridget Gibbons '13
Max Reinhardt '14
Philadelphia Legal Assistance - Center City Philadelphia
Medical-Legal-Community Partnership Paralegal, Pennsylvania Farmworker Project Paralegal, and Family Law Unit Fellow (Rebecca Kuperberg '10, Ileana Garcia '08, Elizabeth Wingfield '12, Caya Simonsen '14)
Center for Hunger Free Communities/ Witness to Hunger at Drexel University School of Public Health - Center City Philadelphia
Community Engagement and Communications Fellow (pdf)
(Cara Curtis '10, Mary Welsh '09, Jenny Rabinowich '08, Beatriz Sanchez '12, Hannah Michelle Brower '13)
HIAS - Center City Philadelphia
Refugee Orientation & Community Resource Coordinator (pdf)
(Benjamin Van Son '13)
- Deadline for applications is February 8, 2015. View the timeline. (pdf)
- View the Stipend and Benefit information. (pdf)
- Seniors can apply via the CCPA's CareerConnect system, but will need to download the application form (Word doc) first.
- Applicants must complete CareerConnect's online recruiting tutorial at least 48 hours prior to applying. Contact the CCPA for details.