July of 2009, Haverford installed HP copiers in many campus buildings. This web site contains instructions for using those copiers.
Innovative Printing Systems (IPS) provides service and support for the HP copiers. If you have questions about the devices or would like to place a service call, see Submitting a Service Request to IPS.
IPS Online Access
Still have a Xerox machine? See the Xerox Copier pages for information about those devices.
HP Copiers: Scan to Storage
Step 1: Scan your Document
- Press the "Network Folder" icon on the display panel of the HP copier.
- Press the appropriate folder for your scanned documents - either "FACULTY_STAFF" or "PUBLIC_READWRITE."
The "FACULTY_STAFF" folder sends the scan to \\storage.haverford.edu\copiers\yourroom\faculty_staff.
The "PUBLIC_READWRITE" folder sends to \\storage.haverford.edu\copiers\yourroom\public_readwrite.
- [Optional] Touch the white area below “File Name:” to change the default file name. (The default is “MyScan.”)
- [Optional] Type the file name on the touchpad. Once the appropriate file name is displayed press “OK” on the bottom right of the touch screen.
- [Optional] Customize your scan job as desired using the options on the display panel.
- Insert the document into the automatic document feeder or place on the glass.
- Press the green "Start" button on the right side of the control panel to send the document.
Step 2: Retrieve your Document from Storage
- Log onto the Storage server as usual using your Haverford email username and password.
- Open the copiers folder (Windows) or volume (Macintosh).
- Find the folder named for the location of your copier (e.g., stokes204).
- Unless you have named your scanned file, it will have the default name, myscan.pdf (or myscan1.pdf, myscan2.pdf, etc.)
- Copy your scanned files to your hard drive. The copiers section of Storage is checked every night for files that are more than 24 hours old. If a file is over a day old, it will be automatically deleted.