July of 2009, Haverford installed HP copiers in many campus buildings. This web site contains instructions for using those copiers.
Innovative Printing Systems (IPS) provides service and support for the HP copiers. If you have questions about the devices or would like to place a service call, see Submitting a Service Request to IPS.
IPS Online Access
Still have a Xerox machine? See the Xerox Copier pages for information about those devices.
HP Copiers: Installing the HP Copier Print Drivers (Windows XP/Vista)
Before you print to an HP copier for the first time, you must download and install the necessary print driver.
- Enter the following URL into your browser: http://printq.haverford.edu/Packages.asp.
- Select the desired print driver(s). See the Print Queues page for a description of the different types of print queues available.
- You will be notified that you are attempting to open a file. Select “Save File” (in Firefox) or "Save" (in Internet Explorer).
- When the download is complete, launch the file. (Click "Run" if prompted.)
- The installer window will appear. Click "Install."
- Click "Finish" when prompted.
- The queue name that you selected will now appear in your list of available printers.
- [Certain models only] In order to have all advanced features available to you (booklet printing, stapling), you must add those features as follows:
- Open the Control Panel (Start > Control Panel or Start > Settings > Control Panel).
- Double-click on "Printers."
- Right-click the HP copier that you just installed, and select "Properties."
- Select the "Device Settings" tab.
- Beneath "Installable Options" is "Accessory Output Bin." Depending upon your model (check the model number on the front of the copier), change the drop-down to the following:
- CM6040f - HP Booklet Maker - Mailbox Mode
- M4345xs - HP 500-Sheet Stapler/Stacker
- M5035xs - HP 500-Sheet Stapler/Stacker
- M9050 - HP Multifunction Finisher
- Click "OK."