Resources & Media: Computer Science Songs
A working project to generate songs that illustrate concepts fundamental to computation (algorithms, data structures, fluency) in both content, structure, media, design and implementation -- there are lyrics posted for each song, and a few have audio recordings available; some even a program written to generate the lyrics -- all songs composed and performed by J.D. unless otherwise noted. If you have an idea, please contact J.D., and enjoy.
- Tour of the World of Computing (with students in CS100: The World of Computing)
- My Keyboard: From Input To Output
- Dreamweaver (TNG), by Matt Scheinerman'09
- Loop Invariants (a computing carol)
- I Faught JD's Law (with students from CS101: Fluency with Information Technology)
- Recursion Song (a computing rhyme)
- When Science Meets Society
- Stuck in an Infinite Loop (Pf. Walter Smith (Physics), recording engineer)
News from the World of Computational Singing
- May 21, 2009:Invited Dinner Presentation for the Princeton ACM Chapter.
- Mar 4 - 7, 2009: Two videos (one upper right; other here) have been accepted for SIGCSE 2009 as part of the first set of videos submitted for professional scholarship on their SIGCSE09-TV station.
- Feb 26, 2009: Invited Reception Address/Performance for the 20th Anniversary Celebration of UPE at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Fall 2008: Sample Student Feedback for the Recursion Song, CS1
- Oct 10, 2008: Invited Banquet Presentation at CCSCE 2008
- Oct 13, 2007 "Using Lyrics and Music to Reinforce Concepts" was awarded Best Paper at CCSCE 2007