Career Development Office - CDO Compass
October 2012 Compass
Welcome to the CDO COMPASS, a monthly newsletter from Career Development.
Office Hours: M-F, 9:00-5:00pm
1. CAREER DEVELOPMENT EVENTS/ EVENTS ON CAMPUS
- FALL BREAK EVENTS:
- Space still available. Sign up in CDO.
- Business IQ Fundamentals, presented by Wall Street Prep (Tri-Co)
- Site Visit to the Philadelphia Phillies - the Business of Professional Sports (Phila)
- NYC Business Career Conference
- LAW SCHOOL MOCK ADMISSIONS PANEL
Wednesday, October 3, 12:00pm NOON, HC, DC, Bryn Mawr Rm
Deans from Michigan, Penn and Chicago Law Schools will be our panelists
- PUBLIC HEALTH AND MPH INFO SESSION
- Tuesday, October 2, 7:00pm, BMC, Wyndham, Ely room
A panel of Deans from Columbia, Johns Hopkins, Harvard, and Yale
- FINDING A SUMMER JOB WORKSHOP
- Wednesday, October 3, 6:30pm,
HC, Dining Center, Bryn Mawr Rm
- INTERVIEWING FROM THE EMPLOYERS' PERSPECTIVE
- Thursday, October 4, 6:30pm,
HC, Chase Auditorium
- HOW TO THINK ABOUT THE CAREER AND MAJOR CONNECTION
- BMC Alumnae/i Career Panel:
Friday, October 5, 4:00pm, BMC, Thomas 224
- BOUND FOR GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL
- Guest Speaker: Don Asher
Wednesday, October 10, 7:00pm,
HC, Stokes Auditorium
- NETWORKING AND CONVERSATIONS WITH HC ALUMNI
- Saturday, October 13, 5:30pm,
HC, Dining Center, Bryn Mawr Rm
- ALUMNI SPEAKER: MITCHELL COHN HC 80
- October 25, 3:00 pm, BMC, Campus Center 200
October 25, 6:30 pm, HC, Dining Center, Bryn Mawr Room
- LINKED OUT, presented by Campus Philly[
- Wednesday, October 24, 5:00pm -7:00pm, Philadelphia, PA
Connecting LGBT identified college students with like-minded professionals in the Philly region for internship opportunities and career advice.
- 4A's MULTICULTURAL ADVERTISING INTERN PROGRAM (MAIP)
- Offers multicultural students a 10-week paid summer internship at 4A's member advertising agencies nationwide.
Deadline: November 1, 2012.
2. INTERNSHIP NEWS
- READ BELOW FOR EXCITING INTERNSHIPS INTERVIEW/RESUME REFERRAL OPPORTUNITIES
In order to apply, you must complete a Recruiting Orientation during this academic year.
You will be activated within 48 hours of completing the orientation.
All applications must be made through OCEAN by 11:59pm on day of deadline.
For details and to apply, visit OCEAN.
Everything requires a resume.
Other items indicated below. L= Cover Letter, T= Transcript, R= References, W=Writing Sample
- EMPLOYER ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- G.X. Clarke & Co., Institutional Fixed Credit Analyst Internship - Sophomores, L, T
- G.X. Clarke & Co., Institutional Fixed Sales/Trading Internships - Juniors, L, T
- RESUME REFERRALS
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- National Geospatial - Intelligence Agency, Stokes Program Scholars - Internship
- National Geospatial - Intelligence Agency, NGA Temporary Hire - Internship
- DEADLINE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2012
- JP Morgan Chase & Co., Corporate 2013 Technology Analyst Development Program
- DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Robert W. Baird & Co., Investment Banking Analyst Intern - Summer of 2013
- DEADLINE: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2012
- Eximius Scribe Services LLC, Scribe (Pilot Program)
- ROLLING DEADLINES:
- It is in your best interest to apply early; applications are forwarded as they are received.
- Google, Software Engineering Intern -- Summer 2013 North America Locations
- Vanguard, College to Corporate Internship
- Vanguard, IT College to Corporate Internship
- WHYY, Intern
- IndependenceLED, Intern, L