Policy for Posting Opportunities to Teach English Abroad
The Career Development Office at Bryn Mawr College & Haverford College is happy to assist organizations that provide opportunities for our graduates to teach English abroad providing they meet the following criteria:
1) The organization must have a website which provides the following:
- Details of the program, including specific responsibilities of the applicant, how the organization works with applicants in securing teaching opportunities and arranging travel and housing, and support provided by the organization while the individual is abroad teaching.
- Application timeline and process
- Fees, if any, involved
- Certification requirements - indicate what teaching certifications are required, including: TEFL, TESOL
- Pay structure
- What health coverage, if any, is provided or how candidates would arrange for health coverage.
- Safety and housing information.
- Clear description of working and living conditions.
- Support which the organization provides to teachers while they are abroad.
2) The organization must provide the Career Development Office with at least two references from past participants in the program.
3) The program must be formally structured so that applicants understand the role the organization will play in arranging for their teaching opportunity and the support that will be provided when they are abroad.