Our recruiting program enables organizations to come to campus to interview students, host information sessions, offer Resume Referrals/job listings, or interview at our off-campus recruiting days in Chicago, DC, NY, and SF. The employers are from a wide variety of sectors, including education, financial services, consulting, law, science research, social service and more.
Employers begin to come to campus in late September to conduct interviews for entry-level positions and some internships. The first application deadlines are in mid-September. All interviews are conducted in the CCPA. As a policy issue, CCPA does not provide excuses for missing classes for interviews.
When an employer wishes to recruit students but can't come to campus, they may post a job in CareerConnect as a resume referral. Employers will contact you directly to make interview arrangements.
Employers and graduate schools come to campus to share details on the opportunities they offer and give students a chance to ask questions.
Off-Campus Recruiting Days
The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium (SLAC) hosts interview days in Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.
Regional and national career fairs are posted in the CareerConnect Events Calendar. See also the Philadelphia Not-for-Profit Career Fair.
Some Career Fair Tips:
- Research attending organizations beforehand.
- Prioritize which organizations you would like to speak with first.
- Arrive early. You may spend a lot of time waiting in line to talk to a popular organization.
- Dress professionally.
- Bring plenty of copies of your resume.
- Greet each person you meet with a confident handshake.
- Ask each person you speak with for a business card. Make notes on the back to help you craft a follow-up email.
- Send follow-up emails within 24 hours.
CareerConnect allows students and alumni to search and apply for jobs and internships, and view upcoming events online.
On-campus interviews, resume deadlines, and information sessions can be found in the calendar.
Note: Please read the Required Recruiting Policies for Students (docx)