FCE/FAHE Joint ConferenceFCE/FAHE Joint Conferencehttp://www.haverford.edu/calendar/details/261240Founders Great Hall2014-06-12T01:00:002014-06-15T23:00:00
June 12, 1:00AM–11:00PM
Founders Great Hall
Friends Council on Education and Friends Association for Higher Education invite you to a joint conference. Join us to deepen practice and sharpen skills as we seek to live with integrity and balance in all our relationships.
Exploring Right Relationship
Exploring Right Relationships
A Joint Conference of
Friends Council on Education
& Friends Association for Higher Education
Thursday, June 12 – Sunday, June 15, 2014
at Haverford College, Haverford, PA
Join with educators from Friends schools (Pre-K through 12), colleges, universities and study centers globally.
This conference seeks to deepen our practice and sharpen our skills as we seek to live with integrity and balance in all our relationships:
• with our Quaker legacy
• with ourselves and each other
• with our gifts and vocations
• with the latest advances in technology
• with the larger cultures around us
• with the world’s resources
• with that of God in each of us
The planning committee invites proposals for workshops, presentations, and panels that speak to the theme of exploring right relationships broadly defined. We offer these queries* to seed our reflection, our dialogue, and our actions.
*Queries are tools for individuals and communities seeking a clearer way forward which stimulate reflection both inwardly and outwardly.
• How do we build generative and nourishing relationships? With colleagues? With students?
o How can we come to know that our many relationships are rightly ordered?
o What are our obligations if we find that they are not?
o How do we respond to the complex needs of students and colleagues – spiritual, social, intellectual and physical?
• How do our history and our Quaker philosophy of truth seeking inform our educational and scholarly practices in the 21st century?
• How can we bring our values—nonviolence, simplicity, environmental stewardship—into our organizations and the wider society?
• How do we discern a sustainable balance in our many competing commitments?
• How do we structure our organizations so that everyone has a seat at the table and a forum where each voice is genuinely heard and seriously considered?
• How can we use our collective strength to cross boundaries, overcome obstacles and move towards our visionary goals?
For More Info
Walter Hjelt Sullivan
Responsible at Event
Walter Hjelt Sullivan 215-588-5417