Rufus Jones Institute for Leadership: Financial Literacy 101Rufus Jones Institute for Leadership: Financial Literacy 101http://www.haverford.edu/calendar/details/249661KINSC Hilles 109 2013-10-03T18:45:002013-10-03T20:00:00
October 3,2013 6:45PM–8:00PM
KINSC Hilles 109
Interested in learning more about how to get your personal finances in order?
The Rufus M. Jones Institute for Leadership is bringing back some Bi-Co Alums to give a short workshop on Financial Literacy 101
*To find out more about the RMJ Institute for Leadership, please e-mail hc-rufusjones@hc, or check out our website:
If you plan to attend, please fill out the following survey so that the presenters can better tailor their presentation to the needs of those present: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KWC7ZB3
Topics that will be covered include:
1. Credit Cards - How to apply (Bank, Mailing Advert, Online), Rewards and Points, Automatic Payment Options, Minimum Payment Options, Credit Score Consequences
2. Loans - Rules about making payments (timing, amount, etc.) and Consequences
3. Rent - Applying (Process), Lease Agreements, and the Security Deposit
4. Financial Instruments - CDs, CoDs, and Savings & Checking Accounts (Options)
5. Retirement Vehicles - IRAs, 401ks, and Social Security
6. Stocks & Bonds - Playing the Stock Market Casino (with Tax breaks), and the Fed Interest rate in relation to Bonds and their value!
For More Info
Rufus Jones Institute for Leadership