SAVE AS: Digital Haverford Lightning TalksSAVE AS: Digital Haverford Lightning Talkshttp://www.haverford.edu/calendar/details/208531Magill Philips Wing2012-09-20T19:00:002012-09-20T20:30:00
September 20, 7:00PM–8:30PM
Magill Philips Wing
SAVE AS: Lightning Talks Thursday, 9/20 7pm - 8:30pm Magill Library, Philips Wing
Lightning Talks will include 25 people, each speaking for 2 minutes (with some thunder breaks mixed in). If you haven’t seen or participated in one before--they’re often exhilarating, hilarious, and yes, brief!
- Jon Appel , "Animating the Digital World"
- Hema Surendranathan, "Social Tumblr: Mimicking our rules and Protecting Our Property"
- Ani Chen, " A New Soapbox: Moving Women's Suffrage from Textbooks to Web"
- Mirella Deocadiz, "What A User Wants: Expanding the Definition of "Website Design"
- Minh-Duyen Thi Nguyen, "A Belated History Lesson: Cataloging Women's Political History"
- Gavi Fried & Jon Sweitzer-Lamme, "Bit by Bit"
- Carl Sigmond, "Discovering the Discovery & the Grandfather Who Saved Millions"
- Aaron Lowe & Adam Van Aken, "Code and Cardio"
- Michael Rushmore, "Digital Graffiti"
- Travis Taylor, "Popular Authority: Evolving Information Society in Egypt
- Shahzeen Nsim, "Beauty by Design"
- Richard Freedman, "Digital du Chemin"
- Jenni Punt, " For the Record: Trans-Div Seminar"
- Travis Zadeh, "Religious Text Databases"
- Mike Zarafonetis, "Lancaster Ave. Viewfinder, a Demo"
- Sebastianna Skalisky & David Moore, "Communicating in Two Minutes"
Are you faculty, staff, or a student with a digital summer project or ongoing digital scholarship? Would you like to give a 2-minute presentation to the Tri-Co? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by SAVE AS, a yearlong series that will inspire the Haverford campus to reimagine changing technologies and their implications for how we think, learn, and live. SAVE AS includes Digital Scholarship in the Library, Instructional & Information Technology Services, the Hurford Center of the Arts & Humanities and Tri-Co Digital Humanities."
For More Info