Jennifer A. Punt (email@example.com)
Publications (since 1994)
*indicates undergraduate author
- Jones, K.*, Bliwise, H.*, Nish, S.*, Zauber, S. E.*, Brinner, K.*, Rahman, M.*, Odessey, E.*, Tolat, A., and J. A. Punt. Cell cycle regulation of immature CD4+CD8+ thymocytes. Manuscript in preparation.
Cho, H.J.*, Edmondson, S.G.*, Miller, A.D.*, Sellars, M.*, Alexander, S.T., Somersan, S, and J. A. Punt. (2003) Cutting edge: identification of the targets of clonal deletion in an unmanipulated thymus. J Immunol. 170:10-13. *shared first-authorship
- Allman D, Punt J.A., Izon D.J., Aster J.C., and W.S. Pear. (2002) An invitation to T and more: Notch signaling in lymphopoiesis. Cell 109 Suppl: S1-11.
Izon, D**., Punt, J.**, Karnell, F., Xu, L-W, and W. Pear. Notch1 regulates positive selection by modulating TCR signal strength. (2001). Mansucript accepted by Immunity. **shared first authorship
Ebert, P.J.R.*, Baker, J. F.* and J. A. Punt. (2000). Immature CD4+CD8+ do not polarize lipid rafts in response to TCR-mediated costimulation. J. Immunol.165: 5435.
- Freedman B.D., Liu Q.-H., Somersan S.*, Kotlikoff, M.I., and J.A. Punt. (1999). Receptor avidity and costimulation specify the intracellular Ca2+ signaling pattern in CD4+CD8+ thymocytes. J. Exp. Med. 190: 943-952.
- Tomayko, M.M., Bolcavage, J., Punt, J., Allman, D., Levy, S. L., and M.P. Cancro. (1999). Expression of the Bcl-2 family member A1 is developmentally regulated in T cells. Int. Immunol. 11: 1753-1761.
- Bishop, C.D.V.A.*, Jost, A.*, Crane, E.*, and J. A. Punt. (1999). Assessing apoptosis of developing T cells by flow cytometry Ch.10, pp117-131 in Methods in Molecular Biology: T cell protocols (Kearse, K. ed.)
- Bhandoola, A., Cibotti, R., Punt, J.A., Granger, L., Adams, A.J., Sharrow, S.O., and A. Singer. (1999). Positive selection as a developmental progression initiated by alpha beta TCR signals that fix TCR specificity prior to lineage commitment. Immunity 10:301-311.
- Dave, VP., Keefe, R., Berger, MA, Krbal, K, Punt, J.A., Wiest, D. L., Alarcon, B., and D. J. Kappes. (1998) Altered functional responsiveness of thymocyte subsets from CD3d-deficient mice to TCR-CD3 engagement. Int. Immunol. 10: 1481-1490.
- Mackall, C. L., Punt, J. A., Morgan, P., Farr, A. G., and R. E. Gress. (1998). Thymic function in young/old chimeras: substantial thymic T cell regenerative capacity despite irreversible age-associated thymic involution. Eur. J. Immunol. 28: 1886-1893.
- Punt, J. A., W. Havran, R. Abe, A. Sarin, and A. Singer. (1997). T cell receptor (TCR)-induced death of immature CD4+CD8+ thymocytes by two distinct mechanisms differing in their requirement for CD28 costimulation: implications for negative selection in the thymus. J. Exp. Med. 186: 1911-1922.
- Cibotti, R., J. A. Punt, K. S. Dash, S. O. Sharrow, and A. Singer. (1997). Surface molecules that drive T cell differentiation in vitro in the absence of thymic epithelium and in the absence of lineage specific signals. Immunity 6: 245-255.
- Wu, W., J. A. Punt, L. Granger, S. O. Sharrow, and K. P. Kearse (1997). Developmentally regulated expression of peanut agglutinin (PNA)-specific glycans on murine thymocytes. Glycobiology 7: 349-356.
- Wiest, D. L., A. Bhandoola, J. Punt, G. Kreibich, D. McKean, and A. Singer. (1997). Incomplete endoplasmic reticulum (ER) retention in immature thymocytes as revealed by surface expression of "ER-resident" molecular chaperones. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 94: 1884-1889.
- Punt, J. A., H. Suzuki, L. C. Granger, S.O. Sharrow, and A. Singer. (1996). Lineage commitment in the thymus: Only the most differentiated (TCRhibcl-2hi) subset of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes has selectively terminated CD4 or CD8 synthesis. J.Exp. Med., 184: 2091-2099.
- Suzuki, H., J. Punt, L.C. Granger, and A. Singer. (1995). Markedly asymmetric requirements for commitment to the CD4+ vs. CD8+ T cell lineage. Immunity, 2:413-425.
- Punt, J. A. and A. Singer. (1995). "T cell development" Chapter 10, In R.R. Rich, T. A. Fleischer, B.D. Schwartz, B.T. Shearer, and W. Strober (eds.): Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice.
- Punt, J. A., B.A. Osborne, Y. Takahama, S.O. Sharrow, and A. Singer. (1994). Negative selection of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes by T cell receptor-induced apoptosis requires a costimulatory signal that can be provided by CD28. J. Exp. Med. 179: 709-713.
- Punt, J. A., J.R. Roberts, K. P. Kearse, and A. Singer. (1994). Stoichiometry of the T cell antigen receptor complex: Each TCR/CD3 complex contains one TCRa, one TCRb, and two CD3e chains. J. Exp. Med. 180: 587-593.2002-2003 collage