- BIOL 200 (cell biology; full year course).
- One semester of BIOL 300 (laboratory in biochemistry and molecular biology, cross-listed as CHEM 300).
- CHEM 112 (chemical dynamics).
- One semester Mathematics course numbered 114 (calculus II) or higher.
- PHYS 101-102 or 105-106 (introductory physics).
If students do not take these courses at Haverford or Bryn Mawr, they must have the substitute course(s) approved for college credit by the relevant departments. Beyond this foundation, students must take the following advanced interdisciplinary coursework: