An Intimate Educational Experience
Haverford's small size makes possible a highly personalized educational experience. Professors work side-by-side with students in an atmosphere of discovery to do real research while also developing analytical thinking and mutual paths of inquiry. As catalysts of a hands-on, accessible educational process, instructors expect and support students' active engagement in scholarship.
Three Active Academic Centers
The Academic life of Haverford is greatly enriched by our three academic centers, which create broad opportunities for student enrichment outside the classroom:
- Marian E. Koshland Integrated Natural Sciences Center (KINSC)
- John B. Hurford '60 Center for the Arts and Humanities (HCAH)
- Center for Peace and Global Citizenship (CPGC)
The Academic Capstone: The Senior Thesis
The senior thesis allows students to produce a substantial scholarly work reflecting their interests and academic accomplishment at Haverford.
Haverford Students Graduate with:
- an expanded and deepened way of thinking about ideas, the world and how the two interrelate.
- real skills and critical abilities that are readily applicable to the workplace or advanced education.