Dan Weiss has been appointed 14th president of Haverford College. Learn more »
Office of the President
370 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
Joanne V. Creighton, Interim President
Jesse Lytle, Chief of Staff
Joan Wankmiller, Executive Assistant to the President
Walter Sullivan '82, Director of Quaker Affairs
Adrienne Selinger, Associate, Office of the President and Admission Volunteers Coordinator
Joanne V. Creighton
Haverford's Interim President
A distinguished scholar of American literature, past president of a leading liberal arts college, and former interim president of a top tier university, Dr. Joanne V. Creighton is Haverford’s Interim President. She is holding the office through the end of the 2012-2013 academic year, at which point Dan Weiss will become Haverford's 14th president.
Open Office Hours: Every Monday from 3-4 p.m., Founders 101.
The author of four books, Creighton has concentrated much of her scholarly work and teaching on William Faulkner, Margaret Drabble, and Joyce Carol Oates.
- Joyce Carol Oates: Novels of the Middle Years (1992)
- William Faulkner's Craft of Revision (1977)
- Joyce Carol Oates (1979)
- Margaret Drabble (1985)
Selected Articles & Reviews
Creighton is the author of numerous scholarly articles and reviews, and is a frequent commentator on contemporary literature and issues affecting higher education. A selection follows:
- Reflecting on Joyce Carol Oates," On Wisconsin 110:2 (Summer, 2009), 34-41.
- "'What Does it mean to be a woman?': The Daughter's Story in Oates’s Novels," studies in the Novel 38:4 (Winter 2006), 440-456. (Co-authored with Kori A. Binette)
- Joyce Carol Oates and Margaret Drabble examine the complex dynamics of female identity." I’ll Take You There by Joyce Carol Oates and The Seven Sisters by Margaret Drabble. The Chicago Tribune (Sunday, November 17, 2002).
- "Reading Margaret Drabble’s The Waterfall," Critical Essays on Margaret Drabble, ed. Ellen Cronan Rose. Boston: G. K. Hall & Co., 1984; 106-118.
Meet the President
- Joanne V. Creighton's CV
- Download Hi-Res Photo
- Interview with Nancy J. Vickers '65, Alumnae Quarterly, April 2010
- "Turning Women Into Scientists," The New York Times, March 28, 2011
- "Creighton and Renn '86 on Women's Education," Michigan State University Journal, November 29, 2010
- "President Honored with Naming of Creighton Hall," Mt. Holyoke, May 7, 2010
- "MHC to Celebrate The Creighton Effect May 6," Mt. Holyoke, April 21, 2010
- "Creighton Hailed by Her Alma Mater," Mt. Holyoke, April 15, 2010
- "MHC's Creighton Visits White House," Mt. Holyoke, March 9, 2010
- "Barrier Breakers: 15 Female College Presidents," Forbes, October 15, 2009
- "President Creighton: What's Next for Her?" Harvard Graduate School of Education, October 5, 2009
All gifts are an investment in the Haverford experience.
- And the caps are thrown in the air! http://t.co/f1lNDxnKlV 8 min ago
- Alana Zola is the last name called. She is 1 of 296 degree recipients today. Congratulations to you all! You did it! 8 min ago
- RT @HaverfordClerk: A standing ovation for carl sigmond, who walked the stage to receive his diploma 14 min ago
- All Fords must do a capstone project or thesis & these titles appear in the Commencement program. A sampling: http://t.co/TEwDpEmxHM 38 min ago
- RT @HaverfordClerk: ...which say "take some time off...but not too much time off," a reference to JoJos customs week speech. 1 hour ago
Social Haverford: Friend, Follow, Feeds.