Join the Hurford Center for the Arts and Humanities' Student Advisory Board
Comprised of four students, HCAB considers how coursework, senior theses, artistic practice, and other projects might best benefit from HCAH support. The Center *strongly* encourages applicants from all majors and areas of study, not just those traditionally associated with the arts or humanities. Deadline: 11:59 Fri. 9/28.
The Hurford Center Student Student Advisory Board helps to determine future directions for student engagement with the Hurford Center. Comprised of four students, HCAB considers how coursework, senior theses, artistic practice, and other projects might best benefit from HCAH support. Meeting regularly with Center staff, Advisory Board members will also review and approve student grant proposals to the Student Arts Fund alongside members of the Hurford Center Steering Committee. Selected by Students Council, members serve for a one-year appointment but can re-apply for an additional term.
NB: The Center *strongly* encourages applicants from all majors and areas of study, not just those traditionally associated with the arts or humanities. Students who have already participated in Center programs, as well as those new to the Center, are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Answer the following questions and save them as a MSWord document called "candidatesname-HCAB.doc". Email the document to email@example.com by 11:59 *this* Friday, 9/28.
(1) What is your name and class year?
(2) Why are you interested in the position?
(3) Have you had any past experience (s) with faculty outside of the classroom?
(4) What do you think this 'job' entails?
(5) Do you have any ideas about ways to include non-Humanities majors in Humanities Center activities?
(6) HCAB members have planned a Dialogues on Art, which is a trip with students and faculty to experience some aspect of the Philly area art scene, followed by dinner. What would you suggest for a Dialogues on Art trip?
(7) Please list all activities you are involved in at the current time and any other commitments you may have in the future.
(8) Please list all of the times between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. that you are available for an interview on Sunday, September 16.