Programs: Off-Campus Conferences & Workshops Fund
"This event brought back my passion for public health [with] full force. It was great to be in an environment [where] so many people challenged with major global health problems [were] piecing [together] ways to start addressing them. The conference was really the "glue" that I needed to tie together my public health classes, my summer internship, and my professional goals."
- Maia Freudenberger '13 attended the Unite for Sight Global Health and Innovation Conference
Interested in attending a conference or workshop to learn more about peace & global citizenship? Looking for ways to network with others interested in these issues?
Through the Off-Campus Conferences and Workshops Fund, the Center supports individuals and groups of students to travel and attend a domestic or international conference, workshop, or training that engages issues to advance peace and social action. Some examples of recent projects:
- A student attended the Community Food Security Coalition Conference in New Orleans where she found renewed energy and confidence to enter the field of food justice work after graduation. The conference brought together professionals from around the country to discuss approaches to food organizing and food security work.
- Two students attended the Unite for Sight Global Health and Innovation Conference--considered a premier gathering of over 2,000 leaders, change makers and participants from the fields of global health, international development and social entrepreneurship--to build on their interests in public health and development.
- A student attended The Kairos Conference: Discerning Justice and Taking Action on America's Death Penalty where she gathered crucial information for her senior thesis and made connections with professionals in the field.
2013-14 Application Deadlines: September 8, September 29, October 20, November 3, November 24, February 2, March 16, April 13, April 27
* Note: This fund is available to Bryn Mawr College students majoring at Haverford College for projects related to their major coursework.